Full Time – Permanent
£27,000 – £32,000
Are you someone who has experience within a generalist role, who’s looking for their next step?
Do you enjoy in house recruitment and delivering improvements?
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- 25 days annual holiday (after years’ service) plus 8 Bank holidays.
- Demanding working environment with a supportive team
- The opportunity to develop your skills and progress in your HR career.
- Pension scheme
- Discounts and benefit schemes
- Life and health protection
- Health cash plan scheme
You will work closely with our teams and managers and be responsible for delivering a proactive, efficient, and effective HR service. With great people and communication skills, and a passion for all aspects of the role, you will be a very important cog within our business.
- CIPD level 5 qualified or HR qualification is preferred with experience of generalist HR in a corporate private sector business.
- Sound knowledge of employment law with a good record in complex ER case resolution. With the ability to work well under pressure with excellent attention to detail.
- Proactive, able to act as a change agent and continually improve ways of working.
- Excellent team working, relationship building and influencing skills.
- Not precious, happy to roll up your sleeves and just get on with whatever needs doing from projects to HR admin to complex ER resolution.
- Great organisational skills with a proven ability to prioritise.
- Confident, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with managers at all levels within a business.
- Discretion and the ability to work with sensitive information/ data while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond positively to pressure.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide excellent generalist HR advice, guidance & support Senior Leadership Team, managers, and Supervisors on a range of employee relations matters, including:
Disciplinary investigations, meetings, and appeals (up to Final Written Warning)
Grievance investigations and meetings
- Actively participate in the development, simplification and continuous improvement of HR policies and practices, assisting with HR projects and initiatives as required.
- Report on evidence found to enact change of continuous improvement, providing trackers and statistics to site management and the HR function.
- Establish and build collaborative and productive relationships with management and employees to understand business needs.
- Undertake regular audits of personnel files to ensure compliance with Employment Law and company policies.
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and HR best practice.
- Provide cover when other team members are on annual leave or absent.
- Any such duties as reasonably requested by the HR Manager