Early Years Practitioner
Full Time/Part Time
- Flexible hours between 7:30am-5:30am (Part Time and Full Time)
- 20 days holidays pro rata + bank holidays
- Christmas Shut Down
- Training program
Job Role Responsibilities
- Ensure a safe environment for children, parents, and visitors in accordance with policies and procedures and the Health and Safety Act at Work 1974
- Report all accidents and incidents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manage complaints as appropriate to their level of responsibility in accordance with the Complaints Policy
- Be aware of Disciplinary and Grievance procedures.
- Ensure that record keeping is up to date and records are kept in accordance with Standards for Records and Record Keeping
- Provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children who attend the Nursery.
- Give support to other personnel within the Nursery.
- Implement the daily routine within the room.
- Participate in the teaching and assessment programmes of all staff, both qualified and unqualified
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- Keep a record of achievement file on the children, for parents.
- Be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g training, staff meetings etc.
- Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g preparation of snacks meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Look upon the nursery as a ‘whole’ where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to nurser.
- Level 2/3 in childcare
- Previous experience in a similar field
- Must have an enhanced DBS Certificate
- Excellent attendance and work ethic