Our Client based in the Netherton area are currently recruiting for a CNC Lathe Setter/Operator/programmer to join their growing team.
The duties and requirements are as follows:
- Study engineering drawings and job orders for information on specifications and operational sequences.
- Plan machining activities, Programming settings into machine keeping in mind the work orders and engineering drawings
- Work with geometric dimensions and tolerances to plan machining activities
- Enter program in mills and lathes (No Offline Programming Available)
- Safely load and unload materials
- Meet tolerance environments of the machine by setting gauges and measuring instruments appropriately
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on machines, equipment and tools used in all processes
- Follow the machining process from the very beginning to the end to ensure quality of parts
- Troubleshoot machining problems during processes to ensure efficacy of procedure
- Shape, sharpen and adjust machining tools so that required print tolerance can be achieved
- Provide tooling and fixturing improvement solutions as needed during each machining procedure
- Complete all reports and other paperwork associated with machining projects in process
Hours of work:
- 8:30am – 4:30pm Mon – Thurs
- 8:30am – 1:30pm Fri
- £12 – £17 depending on experience
Please note that this role is long term with the potential of permanent employment after 12 weeks.
If you feel you are suitable for this role, please call us on 01384 451880 and ask to speak to the Industrial Team.