Quality Assurance Technician
Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 Per Annum
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Technician?
Do you hold Food Safety and HACCP qualifications?
Are you able to carry out audits in a food manufacturing environment?
Our client based in Dudley is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician, on a permanent basis to work within their Quality Department. This is a varied role working within a low-risk food processing plant, reporting into the Interim Technical & Quality Manager within a friendly, family run business.
Previous food industry experience with quality control or quality assurance and knowledge or experience of BRC and HACCP is essential for this role.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Internal auditing to BRC Level, including GMP, hygiene and CCP audits, verifying corrective actions
- Member of the HACCP Team
- Maintaining the supply approval system, including requesting documentation and conducting threat assessments.
- Raw material assessment, including inspection and some minor laboratory testing, completing raw material reports and supplier non-conformances
- Responding to customer queries and non-conformances, including root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Completing customer questionnaires and specifications
- Monitoring factory processes to ensure quality and safety compliance
- Assist with external and customer audits, including BRC and Organic
- Holiday cover within the department
- Other duties as required by the role
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a minimum 2 years’ experience working in quality within the food production industry
- HACCP Level 2 qualified is preferred
- Ideally be internal auditor qualified, or have experience of carrying out auditing and the auditing process within a food manufacturing environment.
- Food safety level 2 or 3 qualified
- Possess a really good understanding of the importance of safety and hygiene within the food industry
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well at all levels both verbally and with written communication
- IT literate, with the ability to accurate input information into company database relating to supplier audits and client files
What’s on offer:
- Salary: £22,000 – £24,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 08:00am – 5:00pm Friday 08:00am – 1:00pm
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays – (5 days need to be kept back for Christmas shutdown)
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- 50% staff discount
- Great working environment and culture