Export Documentation – Bills of Lading
£24,000-£28,000 (dependent on experience)
What’s on offer:
- Salary: up to £28,000 per year (based on experience)
- Hours of work: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5pm
- Holidays: 20 days Holiday + Bank holidays
- Bonus scheme after probation
- Onsite Parking
- Company Pension Scheme
Do you have excellent attention to detail?
Have you had previous experience in dealing with paperwork relating to exporting cargo around the world?
Our client based in Tipton is looking for an Export Documentation Clerk to join their Vibrant and fast-paced team. This role is an exciting position suited for a person who has key essential attention to detail and someone that enjoys data inputting in various varieties and dealing with customs entries relating to exporting cargo around the world. The successful candidate would also be required to handle VGM’s via online CNS and destin8 portals.
- Raising bill of lading instructions from shipper’s invoice or shipping instructions and sending to relevant supplier from either the company Box Top system or ocean carriers’ online portals
- Checking bill of lading is OK prior to sending to client for approval.
- Amendments to documents where required.
- Entering VGM via CNS or Destin8 online portals
- Approval of bills of lading and arranging post to customers
- Raising UK customs entry via online portal ASM Sequoia
- Completing certificates of origin / ATR / EUR1 via Ecert
- Working to customs and bill of lading deadlines set by ocean carriers.
Attributes required for the role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team Player
- Excellent attention to detail when needing to comply with various shipping requirements for different clients.
- Be able to use own initiative to solve day to day challenges.
- Being able to think on your feet and work to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft word packages including excel.