Warehouse Operative x 2
Main Man Supplies Ltd
The Warehouse Operative will be responsible for goods going in and out of the warehouse. You will ensure that inventory is processed, organised, and stored correctly and accurately at all times. The Warehouse Operative will also pick and pack orders for delivery, completing all associated paperwork. The role will involve working on your feet and may involve operating heavy machinery such as a fork lift truck. The role is varied and a flexible attitude is required to ensure the needs of the business are met each day,
The main duties include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Receiving deliveries, unpacking and checking the goods upon receipt and storing them accurately in the warehouse
- Picking and packing orders, either by hand or by using a fork lift truck
- Packaging and labelling orders accurately for sending out
- Checking for damaged or missing items, reporting as necessary
- Completing all paperwork associated with the tasks above, accurately and on time
- Operating heavy machinery such as fork lift trucks to move items around as necessary
- To work as part of a team to ensure all necessary tasks are completed
- Participate in stock takes, as and when required
- Any other task commensurate with the level of the job, as required by your line manager
To be successful in the role, you will have the following attributes:
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse environment
- Flexibility and willingness to help out with tasks as and when required
- Comfortable in a role that requires you to be on your feet most of the day
- Able to carry out some heavy lifting (with the use of appropriate equipment when appropriate)
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to drive a fork lift truck would be an advantage
About Main Man:
Main Man is the UK’s leading workwear shop, supplying personal protective equipment (PPE) and workwear to hundreds of businesses, households and individuals.
Providing a comprehensive range of workwear clothes, protective eyewear, first aid supplies, safety footwear, work gloves and respirator mask from leading recognised brands including Warrior, Dickies, Footsure, Ansell and 3M, along with many other cost effective brands, we pride ourselves on being ‘big enough to cope but small enough to care’, realising that a fast, friendly and flexible service is important to our customers.
With eight branches across the UK and over £4.5 million of stock, we offer an ideal one stop – shop solution for all PPE, Uniform, Janitorial product and general workplace consumables. We utilise our own transport as well as national carriers to get our product to our customers in the most efficient way possible.
In January 2011, MMS became part of Lalan Rubber (PVT) Ltd, a significant manufacturer of latex and nitrile gloves, based in Sri Lanka. With their own latex plantations, centrifuge and dipping plants they offer us a ‘tree to shelf’ service. Lalan Rubber (PVT) has net assets in excess of $100m and offers us strong financial backing. They are consistently investing into new production plants and adding to their product portfolio which provides Main Man Supplies with a strong base from which we can offer good continuity of supply in this very volatile and ever changing world market.
Corporate Social Responsibility is at the core of everything we do and can only be achieved by running our business in a sustainable and ethical manner. We ensure the plantations that supply us are FSC approved and that no AZO dyes are used in production. We also have a vigorous vetting procedure to ensure the factories we utilise adhere strictly to the principles of the United Nations Global Compact, UN Declaration of Human Rights and the 1998 International Labour Organisation’s ‘Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work’.
Rewards and Benefits:
We are a friendly company, looking forward to welcoming you as part of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, you can also expect to receive:
20 days annual leave (increasing to 25 with length of service) plus bank holidays and an additional three days over the Christmas period
Discretionary quarterly bonus scheme
Training and development – we are always keen to support individuals who wish to grow and progress in their professional life.
*MET Recruitment are advertising on behalf of Main Man Supplies Ltd and are not responsible for the final selection process*