Warehouse Goods – In Supervisor
£28,000 per annum
- Are you an experienced Warehouse Supervisor or Team Leader?
- Do you have working knowledge of warehouse principles and practices in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Are you looking for your next opportunity?
My client based in Smethwick is looking for a Warehouse Goods-In Supervisor to join their company on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Senior Warehouse Supervisor with the responsibility of organising and supervising the receipt of all goods into the business.
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £28,000 per annum
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday: 08:30am – 5:00pm, however, flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business
- 22 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- NEST pension scheme
- Free Parking
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Facilitate the planning of deliveries to ensure available storage and efficient goods in process flow
- Supervise the goods inwards process to ensure all goods are receipted and processed accurately within set time frames
- Daily task management
- Supervision of medium-sized team (circa 8 staff) across multiple warehouses
- Ensuring the accuracy of product put away is upheld and kept in line with SAGE system
- Supervising the development of warehouse operative’s skills via training matrix and regular 1:1 performance reviews.
- Uphold team performance via KPI management
- Maintaining a safe working environment, ensuring all H & S concerns are raised and corrective measures implemented.
- In conjunction with the senior warehouse supervisor, identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
The successful candidate:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a warehouse supervisory/management role
- Demonstratable history of success in a similar role
- Strong people skills
- Working knowledge of warehouse principles and practices in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- In-date counterbalance and Reach Forklift licence preferred but not essential
- Strong numeracy skills
- Computer literate
- Experience with SAGE 200 (or similar) preferred