Permanent, (working days initially, then nights)
Oldbury, West Midlands
Our client a manufacturer of products across a broad spectrum of industries has a requirement for a Trainee Roller / Setter/ Operator to join them on a permanent basis. The successful Trainee Roller / Setter/ Operator is a key role in terms of continued growth and development.
- Maintain awareness and ensure full compliance with Health and Safety legislation, housekeeping standards and company rules and procedures.
- Achieve daily targets to meet customer demand by ensuring machines are working to the optimal efficiency and target speeds are constantly maintained.
- Follow verbal or written instructions and work to set out procedures
- Troubleshoot any quality, set up or speed issues arising from rolls, tools or material on existing or new sections and offer feedback and resolution as it becomes part of the daily operating process.
- Participate ion training to develop and support your own role within the company.
- Seek continuous improvement related to the business KPI’s and contribute towards improved performance and the overall improvement of the business.
The successful Trainee Roller/Setter/Operator will:
- Ideally have hands on experience of working with technically complex profile roll forming mills including inline pre-pierce press tooling processes.
- Be well organised, multi-skilled, self motivated and professional
- Have good timekeeping and attendance
- Prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Capable of quickly integrating themselves within a team environment on rolling mills
- Be able to communicate at all levels
- Have knowledge of rolling special profiles for safety critical products
- Capable of working to tight tolerances
What’s on offer?
- Competitive rate of pay
- Hours of work:
Monday to Thursday: 07:30am to 4:00pm with 30 min lunch break
Friday 07:30am to 12:30pm with no lunch break 37 hours in total
Monday to Wednesday: 6:00pm to 4:30am
Thursday: 6:00pm to 1:00am
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life Assurance
- 33 days holiday including statutory days
If you don’t hear from us within 7 days, please assume that you are unsuccessful. Thank you