Technical Support Advisor
£9.30 – £10.00 per hour
Our client based in the Halesowen area has an opportunity for a Technical Support Advisor to join them on a permanent basis. The role requires a candidate who is experienced in mechanical and electrical engineering in the servicing, fault finding and providing technical support to customers for the technical products that our client provides whilst providing exceptional levels of customer service.
Technical Support Advisor role responsibilities:
- Delivering clear and concise technical information via telephone and email to customers
- Responding to live chat enquiries
- Troubleshooting, identifying faults and assessing appropriate solutions via company policies
- Creating and compiling self-help guides including in video format for common faults across a range of products to assist customers as a first port of call.
- Build an excellent rapport with customers to probe, analyse and diagnose any issues in an efficient and professional manner
- Raising cases using the CRM system to log and track customer information
- Work inline with warranty terms and conditions and GDPR, etc
- Working with the Repairs Workshop team and E-Commerce teams to ensure queries are resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Building and developing technical knowledge of product range to ensure that the team are better equipped to support customers
- Work alongside all departments to ensure that all the information is correct to ensure that the best possible service is provided to customers.
The successful Technical Support Advisor will have:
- Proven mechanical and electrical component knowledge is essential
- Prior knowledge of working with sublimation equipment would be advantageous
- IT Literate with remote access /connection experience
- Video editing skills for blogging, YouTube videos, customer repairs report would be advantageous, but not essential as training can be provided
- Ability to deliver technical support and assistance to a wide range of customers with various different levels of needs and queries
- Proactive quick thinking and respect of diagnosis of problems, fault finding and the resolutions that can be offered
- Passionate and enthusiastic about providing an exceptional level of customer service
- Confident communicating via email, over the phone and face to face
- Ability to work under pressure and manage work schedules proficiently
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Great attention to detail and process driven
- Good organisational skills as well as excellent written skills
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently in a self-directed manner, with a proven ability to prioritise workload
What’s on offer?
- Hours of work: 35 – 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Employee assistance scheme