£10.67 Per hour, rising to £11.70 after successful complete of probationary period
About our client
We are currently working with a Global Organisation, who have a large manufacturing base in Redditch. Our client is a specialist within the food industry, leading the way by sourcing the highest quality ingredients, currently have requirements for Team Leaders to join their company on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role:
- A hands-on team leader position based solely within the High Care production area of a fast-paced chilled food manufacturing facility.
- Responsibilities of the role:
- Ensure GMP practices are always adhered to within your areas
- Coach and mentor team members and identify training needs
- Actively manage staff performance (output, time keeping, L &D, compliance training)
- Complete manual changeover of equipment during product changeover ensuring changeover times are adhered to or reduced, there can be on average 14 changeovers per day.
- Ensure forward planning pf packaging, film, labels and protein prior to changeovers
- Ensure communication between High Care Prep and mixer room is maintained prior to changeovers for stock levels.
- Ensure tooling for changeover is planned and accessible
- Ensuring breakdowns are communicated to engineers in a timely manner, advance plan to keep the line running by exceeding planning line rates
- Ensure staff utilisation during changeovers/downtime
- Ensure production is compliant to all legal and technical requirements, all paperwork to be completed to the required standard.
- Ensure daily plan is completed in full.
- Assist the Assistant High Care Manager in decision making processes and issue resolution where necessary
- Effective communication of issues with the team
- Ensure all equipment is used correctly and returned in good condition
The successful candidate:
- Be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fast-paced production environment at a similar level.
- Proven experience working in a role managing multiple product change overs during a shift
- Proven experience of a minimum of 6 months experience working in a food production environment
- Proven experience working at team leader/supervisory level.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well at all levels, with effective communication skills.
- Proven experience working with Microsoft office
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
What’s on offer?
- Permanent opportunity
- Pay: £10.67 per hour – Rising to £11.70 after successful completion of probationary period
- Overtime Available
- Hours of work: 6:00am – 6:00pm
- This position involves working shifts which are as follows:
- Shift A: Sunday/Monday/Tuesday & every other Wednesday
- Shift B: Thursday/Friday/Saturday & every other Wednesday