Sewing Machine/Maintenance Engineer
Salary up to £28,000 Per Annum
Are you looking for an opportunity to join one of industry leaders in furniture manufacturing?
Do you want to work for a company who can offer excellent career progression?
About our client:
Our client, who is a household name within the furniture industry is currently looking for a Sewing Machine Engineer/Maintenance Engineer to join their production team in Oldbury. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader in furniture manufacturing on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the role:
To ensure that all static plant and machinery is kept running at all times and serviced at regular intervals to manufacturer’s specification and guidelines. Adhere to the TPM programme and scheduled maintenance plan to ensure optimum machine performance, reliability and ensure minimum machine downtime is maintained.
- To ensure that machine and fixed plant are serviced in accordance with written specifications
- Ensure routine cleaning and oiling is carried out at agreed times
- Quality control criteria are adhered to at all stages of repair
- Update Machine breakdown logs, checking that they are correct and completed with all the relevant information and used parts re-ordered
- Any rectifications or improvements needed are reported to management
- Health and Safety regulations are complied with, highlighting any potential areas for concern and recommendations for remedial action
- Ensure that all management and supervisory staff are informed of any changes or modifications to machinery running speeds and or safety systems of manufacture immediately.
The successful candidate will:
- Detailed knowledge and experience of the repair of sewing machinery and general mattress production plant
- Welding, soldering and fabricating
- Conveyor and material handling equipment experience
- City & Guilds 17th/18th Edition and electrical fault-finding ability
- Siemens and Mitsubishi PLC experience
- Pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to fault find and fix issues
- Be able to work to the Total Preventative Maintenance Plan
- Proven ability to train and develop colleagues on the maintenance team
- Respond immediately to equipment breakdowns
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and be able to confidently manage a varied workload
- Demonstrate initiative to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Good communication skills, with the ability to liaise with people at all levels
- Flexible approach to work, with a positive mindset
What’s on offer?
- Hours of work: 3:00pm – 11:00pm Monday – Friday
- Parking available on site
- Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 per annum
Interested? Please click to apply.