Service & Installation Engineer – Field Based
£28,000 per annum + paid overtime + On-call Rota standby payment + Vehicle
Our client, a leading provider of healthcare equipment is looking to recruit a Service Engineer on a permanent basis to provide installation and servicing for healthcare products, to include hoists and lifting equipment throughout the Midlands area – this is a field-based role, mainly covering the areas of Dudley, Birmingham, Coventry, Nottingham and further afield on occasion.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensuring planned annual service schedules are completed on time and in full
- Carrying out new product installations
- Providing technical and product training, both internal and externally, when required and providing technical assistance to customer and commercial partners
- Identifying new opportunities for service contracts and spare part sales
- Providing a high level of technical product feedback to R & D, Quality and Manufacturing operations
- Using company systems to maintain up to date customer records
- Managing spare stock to meet business need and demand
- Support all operations when not engaged in PPM work
- Be available for an on call rota, 1 in every 4/5 weeks.
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a high level of experience in managing and developing strong customer relationships
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven experience of electrical servicing in a healthcare environment
- Acute awareness of health & safety and an understanding of manual handling requirements
- Proven ability to work under pressure in a dynamic and changing environment
- Have proven experience and knowledge of LOLER regulations
- Possess a flexible approach to work with an appetite to complete the tasks and resolve any issues or challenges to ensure the work is completed on time and in full.
- Ability to commit to an on call rota 1 week in every 4/5 weeks
- Be able to work away from home with occasional overnight stays to meet the needs of the business
- Full driving licence is essential
If successful – due to the nature of the role a DBS will be completed by the employer
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £28,000 per annum
- Overtime paid at 1.5 x normal hourly rate
- On call rota payment ( 1 in every 4/5 weeks)
- Company vehicle and equipment provided
- Core hours of work: Monday – Friday 08:00am to 4:30pm
- Holidays: 28 days including bank holidays
(Must have flexibility to work longer than core hours and occasional overnight stays)