Senior Design Engineer
Oldbury, West Midlands
Do you have a Structural or Civil Engineering Degree?
Are you experienced in AutoCAD 2D and the design of building structures?
Are you working towards Chartered Status?
If your answer to these questions is yes, please read on…
Our client, a manufacturer of products across a broad spectrum of Industries requires a Senior Design Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The Senior Design Engineer will be working as part of the department that produces galvanised steel building solutions.
- Management of projects through the design and drawing office
- Design of medium rise building structures
- Clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers
- Provide technical support and advice to Sales Managers
- Represent the company in team meetings
- Site visits at various locations across the UK
The successful candidate will:
- Achieved a Structural or Civil Engineering Degree
- Working towards Chartered Status
- Have experience in Structural Design of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel
- Experience in AutoCAD 2D
- Use of Robot Structural Analysis package is an advantage
- Can form good working relationships with customers
- Be well organised, self-motivate professional and able to work under pressure
- Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
- Have attention to detail, accuracy, and mathematical analysis
- Good Experience of BS EN1993-1-1,3,5 & 8 and BS EN 1991-1-1, 3 & 4 with the ability to train others in their use
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday: 07:30 am to 4:00 pm with 30 min lunch break and Friday 07:30 am to 12:30 pm with no lunch break, 37 hours in total
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- 33 days holiday including statutory days