Senior Accountant – Practice Based
Monday – Friday Office Based
My Brierley Hill-based Client is currently on the lookout for a Senior Accountant to join their Stable & friendly team. My client boasts a fantastic record of delivering a high standard of service for over 70 years. It is essential to have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role in an accountancy practice. You will be a key member of the team and contribute to the continued growth of the accounts and audit department.
What’s in it for you?
- Great office location.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working once settled into the role.
- Friendly & supportive team.
- Exposure to a wide variety of Accounts; including Sole traders, partnerships & limited companies.
What will you be doing?
- Preparation of sole trade, partnership and limited companies accounts from clients’ record stage to completion stage.
- Monthly/quarterly management accounts preparation and discussion with the client
- Building client relationships both virtually and face-to-face to
- develop your own portfolio.
- Tax planning for both companies and sole trader perspectives
- VAT and accounting queries from clients (No VAT preparation involved)
- Assisting with statutory audits and Solicitor’s Accounts Rules
What we’re looking for:
- Over 5 years’ experience in a similar role in a practice environment.
- Has an in-depth knowledge and ability to produce statutory accounts and monthly/quarterly management accounts.
- A strong background of client face to face meetings,
- A good communicator who can organise their work efficiently to meet given deadlines,
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with programs such as SAGE, IRIS, Word, Excel, and Xero
- Audit experience (beneficial but not essential)
- Can be QBE, qualified or studying towards ACCA OR ICAEW