£9.00 – £10.00 per hour
Our client based in the Halesowen area has an opportunity for a Repair Technician to join them on a permanent basis. The role requires a candidate who is experienced in mechanical and electrical engineering in the servicing, fault finding and providing technical support to customers for the technical products that our client provides.
- Fault finding, analysing and diagnosing technical issues and providing workable solutions
- Creating and compiling self-help guides for common faults
- Working in line with warranty terms and conditions
- Building and developing technical knowledge on the product range to ensure full capability for repairs.
- Undertaking repairs and liaising with management in terms of any spare parts that are required to be ordered.
- Conducting stock takes to understand which parts are in stock and what needs to be ordered in to ensure that the lead time for a repaid is kept to the minimum.
- Responsible for housekeeping of work area
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven mechanical engineering knowledge and experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret the customer requirements.
- Proven experience working in a similar role including working to KPI’s and performance targets
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills, the ability to prioritise own workload and remain calm when working under pressure.
- Confident and passionate about providing excellent levels of customer support
- Proven ability to deliver technical support and assistance to a wide range of customers.
- Proven ability to be able to work using their own initiative and be action orientated with a positive and proactive approach to the completion of orders.
- Excellent IT skills
What’s on offer?
- Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:30pm
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Employee assistance scheme