Quality Systems Manager
£40,000 – £45,000 per annum
Our client based in the Brierley Hill area are currently seeking a Quality Systems Manager to join them on a permanent basis. The Quality Systems Manager has a vital role ensuring that performance, quality and delivery of our client’s products and services remains high and is continuously improving to provide market leading goods and services.
- Lead and manage the strategic and operational performance of the department, ensuring successful delivery of business strategy, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and objectives, whilst adhering to statutory & regulatory compliance and achieving commercial success.
- Drive the company forward by planning and directing company policies, programs, and initiatives to improve the quality of all its processes, products, and services; to provide the industry with world class products and services.
- Work with colleagues on Continuous Improvement tools and Lean Manufacturing techniques including Kaizen, elimination of waste (Muda), 5S, Gemba, Just in Time, KPIs, OEE, PDCA, FMEA, 5S, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, 8D problem solving, etc; training of colleagues may be required.
- Ensure all departments and employees in their work are aligned with company goals and strategies.
- Monitor the ongoing performance and outputs of all business processes whilst ensuring they meet required standards.
- Analyse, scope and document business problems, issues, opportunities, and proposals to ensure adherence to policy.
- Ensure appropriate investigation of discrepancies, errors, complaints, failures or adverse events requiring documented review and action (if necessary, interrupting processes, causing material to be quarantined or placed on hold until matters are resolved) within specified timelines.
- Apply knowledge of current Quality practice and technology to ensure initiatives proposed by stakeholders and suppliers meet company criteria.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety standards e.g. Product Certification Bodies
- Preparation, co-ordination and management of the internal and external audit schedule.
- Provide updates to senior managers and directors around Quality issues.
- Change Management Champion by communicating regular progress updates to all stakeholders and the management of all risks associated with the change.
The successful Quality Systems Manager will:
- Proven experience in a similar role at the same level
- Qualification in Electronics is essential, qualified by experience will also be considered
- Possess formal certification in quality management, or have verifiable industry experience
- Be able to demonstrate a creative and enthusiastic approach ensuring that a robust Quality Management system is in place and to improve quality standards for both products and processes
- Proven experience in change management and continuous improvement and project management is essential
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing techniques including Kaizen, elimination of waste (Muda), 5S, Gemba, Just in Time, KPIs, OEE, PDCA, FMEA, 5S, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, 8D problem solving is essential
- Be able to plan, organise and be a logical thinker is essential
- Have a strong understanding of the marketplace and the importance of understanding what the customer expects in terms of service level and quality of product and how these impact on the supply chain, whilst managing costs to ensure that they are kept within budget.
- Work experience in manufacturing/production employing quantitative analysis, reliability testing MTBF and experience in handling International electrical safety approval like IEC, UL CSA, etc.
- Proven ability to collate, analyse interpret and present information
- Be able to motivate and inspire others
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
- Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 08:30 – 16:30
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays
- Pension: 3% pension contribution to Auto enrolment pension after 3 months of employment