£34,000 – £39,000 per annum
Our client a manufacturing company based in Dudley is looking for a Quality Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Procurement Manager the successful Quality Engineer will come from a product or industrial manufacturing background with proven experience of auditing, inspecting, documenting, and feeding back on quality issues concerning components, assemblies and finished products, with the confidence to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
The Quality Engineer is an integral role, being part of a team, whose primary responsibility is to develop and manufacture products from five factory locations throughout the UK, USA, Middle East and Asia. Meaning that the postholder will be required to travel to one location every 6 months.
The main duties are: –
- To challenge the specifications laid down by design, to ensure that all products are compliant and fit-for-purpose
- To produce detailed production specifications with all detail/tolerances/processes/packaging, agreed by both customers and suppliers.
- To work with the Procurement Manager to audit the company’s supply chain and ensure that all suppliers meet the required standards to ensure that customer specifications are met
- Check all samples and first off production batches, at the supplier site (where required) as well as at the clients site.
- Investigating all production issues that may arise and providing feedback to all parties. Updating specifications where necessary with the consent of the stakeholders
- Liaising with suppliers and internal production teams to identify areas for continuous improvement
- Raise non conformance reports (NCR’s) and expedite with suppliers to implement corrective actions, where components do not meet the agreed specification.
- Proactively introduce process improvements to improve component quality and workplace efficiency
- Ensure company policies, procedures and company handbook are always adhered to
Skills and Attributes required:
- Proven experience working in a quality role at a similar level with familiarity of working to ISO 9001:2015, FCA and Environmental standards is essential
- Prior experience working as a quality engineer in automotive industry, component parts, including injection-moulded plastics, pressure die-castings, steel fabrications, timber frames and polyurethane moulded foams in addition to upholstery fabrics and leathers would be desirable
- Excellent project management skills
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- High levels of attention to detail
- Possessing excellent communication skills
- Familiarity with 8D & PFEP processes advantageous
- Previous experience conducting supplier quality audits essential
- Internal or lead auditor qualifications desirable
- Be able to commit to overseas travel (USA, Middle East and Asia) typically one trip every 6 months
- Flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business is essential
- It would be advantageous to be familiar with SolidWorks software, however, training can be provided if required
- Confident in challenging the status quo on process improvement
- Hours of work are Monday – Friday 09:00am – 5:00pm
- Holidays: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- On-site parking