Quality Assurance Technologist
£24,500 – £26,500 per annum
Hours of work: Thursday/Friday/Saturday and every other Wednesday 5:00am or 5:30am – 5:00/5:30pm (12 hour shifts)
About our client
We are currently working with a Global Organisation, who have a large manufacturing base in Redditch. Our client is a specialist within the food industry, leading the way by sourcing the highest quality ingredients, currently have a requirement for Quality Assurance Technologist to join their company on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role:
To drive high factory and production standards through internal auditing, monitoring, and reporting on food safety, legality and quality to ensure products, processes and factory environment are consistently fully compliant with technical systems. Driving improvements and ensuring resolution of non-compliance to avoid repeated issues.
- Work effectively as an internal quality assurance compliance auditor carrying out audits in the following areas in line with scheduled requirements: GMP, CCP’Ss, Label and date coding, traceability, hygiene, fabrication, product quality, documentation and paperwork, production processes and procedures
- Ensure full documentation of audits and clear communication of audit results including non-conformance root cause follow up and verification of closure to prevent repeated issues.
- Investigate considering food safety, quality, or legality issues obtaining full traceability information and communicate findings to management team
- Follow QA Procedures and system to ensure compliance with required third party audits and customer codes of practice
- Be the first point of call for all other operation departments requiring food safety legality, quality support/advise with the day-to-day factory operation
- Investigations to be carried out for out of specification results for microbiological, allergen, Nutritional individual, or trending issues; customer complaints; foreign body including meal and glass damage/breakage. Root cause analysis to determine actions to resolve and prevent re-occurrence
- Identify and issue documented non-conformance
- Carry out routine validations in accordance with HACCP scheduled requirement, support with new process validations as required
- Manage equipment – Olympus Auto verification system, metal detectors, check weighers to ensure that all is set up prior to pre-production runs and provide support as required during operations.
- Provide support and guidance to the Quality Assurance Technicians
- Provide cover for the QA Technicians tasks during absence as requested by Technical Management
The successful candidate:
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in food industry production or QA or Technical role is essential
- Excellent command of the English Language both written and verbally
- Food safety qualification at level 2 or higher is essential
- Internal Auditor experience is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint
- Food industry high care experience is desirable,
- Foundation level or higher in HACCP is desirable
What’s on offer?
- Permanent opportunity
- £24,500 – £26,500 Per Annum
- Hours of work: Thursday/Friday/Saturday and every other Wednesday 5:00am or 5:30am – 5:00/5:30pm (12 hour shifts)
- Holidays: 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Onsite parking monitored by security
- Life assurance cover
- Access to staff sales