Quality Assurance Technician
Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 Per Annum
Are you an experienced Quality Assurance Technician?
Do you hold Food Safety and HACCP qualifications?
Are you able to carry out audits in a food manufacturing environment?
Our client based in Dudley is seeking a Quality Assurance Technician, on a permanent basis to work within their Quality Department. This is a varied role working within a low-risk food processing plant, reporting into the Interim Technical & Quality Manager. Previous food industry experience with quality control or quality assurance and knowledge or experience of BRC and HACCP is essential for this role.
Main responsibilities of the role:
- Internal auditing to BRC Level, including GMP, hygiene and CCP audits, verifying corrective actions
- Member of the HACCP Team
- Maintaining the supply approval system, including requesting documentation and conducting threat assessments.
- Raw material assessment, including some laboratory testing, completing raw material reports and supplier non-conformances
- Responding to customer queries and non-conformances, including root cause analysis and corrective actions
- Completing customer questionnaires and specifications
- Monitoring factory processes to ensure quality and safety compliance
- Assis with external and customer audits, including BRC and Organic
- Holiday cover within the department
- Other duties as required by the role
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a minimum 2 years’ experience working in quality within the food industry
- HACCP Level 2 qualified as a minimum
- Ideally be internal auditor qualified, or have experience of carrying out auditing and the auditing process within a food manufacturing environment
- Food safety level 2 or 3 qualified
- Possess a really good understanding of the importance of safety and hygiene within the food industry
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well at all levels both verbally and with written communication
- IT literate, with the ability to accurate input information into company database relating to supplier audits and client files
What’s on offer:
- Salary: £19,000 – £22,000 per annum (depending upon experience)
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 08:00am – 5:00pm Friday 08:00am – 1:00pm
- Holidays: 20 days plus bank holidays – (5 days need to be kept back for Christmas shutdown)
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- 50% staff discount
- Great working environment and culture