Quality Assurance Assistant
£22,500 – £26,500 per annum
About our client
We are currently working with a Global Organisation, who have a large manufacturing base in Redditch. Our client is a specialist within the food industry, leading the way by sourcing the highest quality ingredients, currently have a requirement for a Quality Assurance Assistant to join their company on a permanent basis.
The role is to ensure that KPI’s are accurately documented and trended for internal and external reports. Management of customer complaints, including investigation response and reporting. To drive high product quality standards at site through taste panel and complaint improvement initiatives supported by the QA Manager.
Purpose of the role:
- Maintain the complain handling system ensuring complaints are dealt with promptly. Communicate internally and external individual complaints and complaint trends, working with QA and operational departments to ensure complaint investigations are issued, carried out, route cause documented and actions taken to minimise repeated issues providing closure.
- Key member of complaint reduction action team, supporting QA manager to drive improvements.
- Overseeing Taste Panels and feedback issues identified on time to enable corrective and preventative actions. Monitor and highlight trends whilst having an active part in Quality Improvement initiatives to drive product quality standards.
- Provide accurate, timely quality assurance KPI data daily, weekly, monthly, including trending in a visual format to enable the site management team to assess food quality, safety and legality.
- Complete customer format KPI reports in an accurate, timely manner.
- Create and maintain work instructions for all task-based requirements within the quality department.
- Provide support to technical management and the QA team with administrative tasks and improvements to ensure QA systems are compliant with required third party audit and customer code of practice standards.
- Provide cover for the Quality Technicians during period of absence or sickness.
- Prepare export compliance documentation daily according to scheduled requirements.
- Manage QA equipment and consumables to ensure that adequate stock levels are maintained.
- Administration of invoicing for QA purchase orders
- Work positively and cross-functionally with all departments to drive continuous improvement in product quality and QA systems.
- Fully understand and comply with all department and company policies and guidelines.
- Any other duties as deemed applicable to meet the needs of the business.
The successful candidate:
- Proven experience working in quality within a food manufacturing environment in a similar role.
- Possess experience of managing, interpreting and reporting KPI data on a daily, weekly, monthly and period basis.
- Food safety qualification at level 2 or higher
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications, to include outlook, work, excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent standard of the English language both written and verbal.
- Previous experience with handling complaints is desirable.
What’s on offer?
- Permanent opportunity
- £22,500 – £26,500 Per Annum
- Hours of work:Monday to Friday 08:00am – 4:30pm
- Onsite parking monitored by security
- 33 holidays per year
- Life assurance cover 4x annual salary payable upon death
- Access to staff sales