About our client
We are currently working with a Global Organisation, who have a large manufacturing base in Oldbury. Our client is a specialist within the structural steel industry and currently they have a requirement for a Pre-Setter to join their company on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role:
The role of Pre-Setter involves working on rolling mills pre-setting jobs as required. Custom roll forming is the process of bending and shaping strip metal by passing it through a series of specially designed rolls.
- Maintain awareness and ensure full compliance with health and safety legislation, housekeeping standards and company rules and procedures
- Follow verbal or written instructions and work to set out procedures
- Understand technical packages for roll setting (Training will be provided)
- Understand roll configuration when pre-setting
- Review the production plan on a daily basis and ensure this is in line with the pre-setting schedule to confirmed the next section roll tooling and update technical packages to ensure any changes made are captured for the next time the section rolls are set with all up to date setting information.
- Report any findings or issues with roll tooling and update technical packages to ensure any changes made are captured for the next time the section rolls are set with all up to date setting information
- Mill support where needed to support the business and customer requirements
- Participate in training to develop and support your own within the Company
The Successful Candidate:
- Background in engineer would be advantageous
- Forklift truck, pendant crane and reach truck licences would be advantageous, but training will be given.
- Well organised, multi-skilled, self-motivated and professional
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Effective team player
- Responsible for achieving key objectives
- Flexible with jobs/tasks so that adequate cover is available if and when required
What’s on offer?
- Permanent opportunity
- Hours of work: Monday – Thursday 07:30am – 4:00pm with 30 mins lunch and Friday 07:30am – 12:30pm with no lunch break – 37 hours in total
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- 33 days holiday (including statutory holidays)