Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum
Our client based in the Dudley area are one of the UK’s leading suppliers into the agricultural, professional, and retail markets, currently have an opportunity for a Operations Planner to join their ambitious and customer-focussed organisation on a permanent basis.
The Operations Planner is a key role and would be perfect who wants to establish themselves within the business providing managing, organising and planning support to the business.
This opportunity presents an excellent opportunity where the successful candidate would be able to become an integral part of the business operation within a growing and expanding company.
- Assisting the management and organisation of 3 warehouses and off-site storage within a fast-paced environment
- Planning for incoming deliveries, liaising with sales, purchasing, admin and marketing departments
- Control of stock and further development of the stock control system
- Stock rotation and control of goods expiry dates
- Opportunity to implement new processes and computerised systems, i.e. barcoding, batch codes, expiry dates and packaging requirements
- Utilising the existing computer system to draw product informationas required
- Compiling detailed product information including weights, dimentions, pallet quanitites, commodity codes, country of origin, packaging materials, etc
- Monitoring damages and discrepancies
- Liaison haulier companies for transport availability and costs
- Liaising with suppliers for required product information and due dates into the client site & 3rd party locations
The successful candidate will:
- Proven experience of working within a fast-moving distribution or manufacturing environment
- Possess knowledge of warehouse inventory management systems coupled with strong numeracy and IT skills and keen to implement technology
- Accustomed to forecasting and planning movement of stock
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to liaise across multiple department
- Able to work effectively within a team and make key decisions
- Highly motivated and capable of working under pressure
- Possess strong organisation skills, flexible and proactive approach
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum
- Permanent opportunity
- Hours of work: Monday – Friday 08:30am – 5:15pm with 1 hour lunch, plus breaks
- 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays (rising to 23 days after 3 years and 25 days after 6 years)