Mechanical Piping Design Engineer
£38,000 to £45,000 Depending on level of experience
Our client, a mechanical engineering company is looking to recruit a Mechanical Piping Design Engineer on a permanent basis to design pipelines including pipework, pipe supports and in line mechanical equipment working from clients Piping and instrumentation diagrams and design models.
The key responsibilities for the Mechanical Piping Design Engineer are as follows:
- Obtain all necessary information from the client, in order that a complete design can be prepared
- Ensure design solution is compliant with all applicable client’s specification, British Standards, and Mechanical Regulations.
- Ensure design can be implemented in a safe manner and is environmentally acceptable
- To ensure design takes account of site conditions with regards to access maintenance and ease of installation
- To obtain appropriate approvals prior to submission to client / site.
- To advise Project Manager of any variance between design solution and tender proposals.
- To amend the design as necessary throughout the project lifetime to include client comments, variations, site modifications etc.
- To attend site / client meetings as necessary to discuss and advised on technical aspects.
- To provide technical assistance to site team and tendering personnel
The successful Mechanical Piping Design Engineer will:
- Proven experience designing Mechanical Pipework and associated equipment
- Water industry, food process or petrochemical background would be advantageous
- Proven experience working from piping and instrumentation diagrams and design models (P & I D’s)
- SolidWorks/AutoCad experience essential
- Ability to undertake support calculations/structural work
- Attending site visits across the UK will be an essential part of the role, hence a flexible approach to work is essential
- Full driving licence is essential.
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £38,000 – £45,000 depending upon experience
- Core hours of work: Monday – Friday 08:00am to 4:30pm
- Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays
- Healthcare package
(Must have flexibility to work longer than core hours and occasional overnight stays)
If you don’t hear from us within 7 days, please assume that you are unsuccessful. Thank you.