Mechanical Build Engineer
£33,500 per annum
We are working with a globally renowned manufacturer, who are currently looking for a Mechanical Build Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The Mechanical Build Engineer will be responsible for the build of sub-assembly units, and the integration of units including installs and upgrades on-site at customer sites UK-based and Worldwide.
What’s on offer?
- £33,500 per annum
- Bonuses – dependent on group performance
- 38 hours per week- Mon – Thur: 7:15am – 4pm | Fri 7am – 12pm
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays (increases to 25 days after 2 years of service)
- Pension Scheme
- Free onsite parking
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Build Engineer:
- Fitting/assembly of various unit assemblies using assembly drawings.
- Read Hydraulic, Lubrication and Pneumatic Schematics.
- Installation of Hydraulic, Lubrication and Pneumatic systems.
- Communicate any problems with parts to build and engineering department.
- Onsite installation/upgrades/breakdowns of machinery at customers’ premises UK and worldwide.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Inspect parts from a drawing using various inspection equipment.
- Operate machine shop equipment such as Miller, Lather, Surface grinder etc.
- Continuously reviews/improves engineering processes.
- Contributes to the upfront planning initiative.
- Help develop strategies and processes to ensure on-time delivery of equipment, cost reduction opportunities and performance improvements.
- Promotes cultural values and behaviour in others (Respectful, Purposeful, Integrity, Collaborative, Adaptable, Positive Attitude, Excellence, Effective Communication).
- Occasionally support the Subcontract department with machine breakdowns and machine operations.
- Perform other assignments, as requested by supervisor or manager.
The Successful Mechanical Build Engineer:
- Must have own tools, a UK driving license and a valid passport.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills.
- Mechanical Engineering qualification would be desirable.
- Machine Tool Fitter experience.
- Bespoke machine-building experience.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and fluid schematics and understand dimensional tolerances.
- Mechanical and machining proficiency.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- Must conduct oneself with the highest level of professional and ethical standards.
- LEAN Implementation – desirable.
- Ability to Operate crane and forklift – desirable.