Maintenance Operations Support Manager
£40,000 per annum
We are currently working with a local, well-established company who require an Operations Support Manager to join their team. The Operations Support Manager will provide effective management of the Maintenance Team and Health & Safety to ensure the smooth and efficient operations of the Company. By proactive management of the team and workflow, the Operations Support Manager will reduce operation down time and assist to achieve maximisation of production and resources.
What’s on offer?
- £40,000 per annum
- 8am – 4.30pm Monday- Friday (flexibility may be required)
- 28 days Holidays
- Free onsite parking
- Pension Scheme
Key Responsibilities of the Operations Support Manager:
- Ensure the efficient and effective operations of site and machinery to drive Company performance.
- Deputise for the Shift Team Lead as necessary.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager and HR on people management activity.
- Ensure the Core Values and people management policies are brought to life to ensure the health, wellbeing, and positive behaviours of our employees.
- To lead on people management activity such as investigations, disciplinary, grievances, bullying and harassment and attendance management cases.
- Coaching, mentoring and development of staff to support workforce planning activity.
- Utilise IT to manage and order stock and liaise with all stakeholders and equipment Service specialists.
- Drive performance and improvement within own team and across the wider company.
- Plan and project manage ad hoc projects within the area of responsibility.
- Lead and drive the Research and Development work and working with the Directors work to implement robotics within operations.
- Ensure a proactive approach to Health, Safety, wellbeing and the environment of our employees and local community.
- Ensure housekeeping checks are undertaken by supervisors and plan work schedule to support Operations Manager needs.
- Ensure Night Work Health questionnaires are completed as appropriate by all employees.
- Lead on the day-to-day supervision of the Maintenance Team and Health and Safety Officer.
- Ensure Supervisors work with the H&S Manager on the implementation of all Health and Safety Activity.
- Always ensure the safety and security of the premises and have key holder and alarm list responsibilities.
- Ensure all Maintenance and Health and safety team meet performance targets and raise issues or concerns as soon as practicably possible.
- Ensure all return-to-work interviews are undertaken and forms completed. Proactively progress management of absence and work co-operatively with Operations manager and HR.
- Work with other Team Leads to ensure equipment is well maintained to facilitate thorough Inspections (Lifting, Pressure and Ventilation) as and when required.
- Undertake supervisors training on People management and be first line supervisor for the team.
- Ensure your behaviours reflect the standards and behaviours outlined in company policy and lead by example.
- Ensure the yard/room is maintained in a well maintained and safe manner to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees, workers and aligned to Health & Safety Standards.
- Although the main hours for this role will be 8 – 4.30 Monday to Friday, there is a morning and afternoon shift system, and you may at times and to cover other Team Leads need to work other shifts. No additional payment will be paid.
- It is an expressed condition of your employment that you are prepared, whenever necessary, to take on some duties normally undertaken by colleagues or transfer to alternative departments or duties within our business.
The Successful Operations Support Manager:
- Maintenance/mechanical/electrical engineering qualification Level 3 or above or equivalent.
- Previous experience as lead in a maintenance team.
- Experience within mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulics
- Health and safety knowledge.
- Electrical installation
- Research and Development
- Robotics experience.
- People management experienceis desirable.
- Good knowledge of O365 and ability to use different platforms to manage stock, orders etc.
- Ability to plan and manage project work in relation to maintenance and improvement of site.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Experience of managing and driving performance in a small team.
- Able to build relationships with colleagues to maximise performance and outputs.