Maintenance Engineer – Nights
Permanent (Working Nights – Wed/Thur/Fri 5:45pm – 6:00am)
Salary: £36,718.00 per annum
Our client based in Redditch has a requirement for an Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer working nights, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, to join them on a permanent basis to manage all aspects of maintenance for the site including equipment. This is a hands-on maintenance role that works closely with production to achieve production and quality targets ensuring continuity of the process.
This opportunity is perfect for a multi-skilled engineer who has a hands-on approach with engineering maintenance.
- Maintain all the plant, equipment, buildings and related infrastructure, including planned and reactive maintenance, to the required Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental standards.
- Ensure machinery is ready for use at start up, support where needed.
- Ensure that all maintenance, repairs, improvements and developments are undertaken safely, efficiently, effectively and at minimum cost across all aspects of the sites equipment, processes, site services and buildings.
- Devise, develop, modify and improve maintenance procedures in line with manufacturers’ recommendations and the knowledge within the business of site experience.
- To assist with processes and production to continuously improve operations, safety and to minimise waste and energy.
- Manage contractors for project, servicing or specialist maintenance work as necessary to ensure compliance with legislation, food safety and site hygiene standards and requirements and ensuring that they follow instructions whilst on site to minimise risk of health and safety and environmental incidents.
- Ensure effective communication with Production and Technical working closely and meeting regularly with team leaders and managers from operations to understand their needs and objectives.
- Ensure that maintenance records and relevant documentation are kept up to date and ensure that critical equipment and instruments are maintained and calibrated to ensure compliance with the standard requirements.
- Ensure that health and safety equipment is used where required, and instructions followed.
- Liaison with production and technical staff to ensure that any engineering activities on equipment, with the risk of affecting, quality, or legality, is checked for satisfactory completion and cleaning and signed off before the equipment is used.
- Being responsible for assisting the management in achieving the company’s environmental, safety and quality objectives and targets.
- To seek out and recommend continuous improvement methods to improve and enhance the service provided.
The successful candidate will:
- Proven experience in another role at a similar level
- Recognised Apprenticeship, Multi Skilled Engineer with relevant qualifications (including Electrical)
- Experience of FMCG type environment.
- Experience with CMMS systems
- Proven track record of delivering continuous improvement within an operational environment
- Implementation of new processes and developments.
- IT literate – comfortable using business software and systems.
- Possess good time management skills.
- Be organised with the ability to simplify complex issues.
What’s on offer?
- Hours of work: Wednesday/Thursday/Friday Start time 17.45pm – Finish time 6.00am
- Weekly paid
- 3 free products per week
- Legal and general pension after 3 months with 3% employer contribution
- Over time on nights is x1.4
- Overtime on day is calculated at the equivalent day rate x1.4
- Fast paced FMCG environment, great engineering team to work with
- Staff events – When Covid-19 restrictions allow
If you are a multi-skilled engineer looking to work in a fast-paced environment with a great engineering team and for a company who is employee centric, then this really is an opportunity not to be missed.