IT Support Engineer
Oldbury, West Midlands
Our client a manufacturer of products across a broad spectrum of industries has a requirement for an IT Support Engineer to join them on a permanent basis. Reporting into the IT Technical Services Manager the IT Support Engineer will play a key role in supporting employees in all aspects of their computer needs within a busy manufacturing company.
- Carry out Desktop computer installations and replacements, including the installation of applications both manually and by utilising automated systems
- Provide all levels of hardware and software support to employees within the company, either by telephone or face to face.
- Provide basic training to new and existing employees on current and future systems
- Provide support to the IT Technical Systems Manager with procurement and asset management
- General office duties as required for the role.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Proven experience and in-depth knowledge of working in an IT support role
- In-depth knowledge of Windows 10 operating system
- In-depth knowledge of Office 2016 & 365 including OneDrive
- Possess good working knowledge of Desktop & Notebook computers and printers deployed in a large corporate network
- Possess general understanding of Network Infrastructure
- Have the proven ability to adapt to previously unseen challenges and new technologies
- HNC in a computer related course, or similar qualification
What’s On Offer?
- Permanent Opportunity
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday 08:30am – 5:00pm and Friday 08:30am to 1:30pm (37 hours)
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)