Intake Compliance Controller
£27,000 – £30,000 per annum
About our client
We are currently working with a Global Organisation, who have a large manufacturing base in Redditch. Our client is a specialist within the food industry, leading the way by sourcing the highest quality ingredients, currently have a requirement for Intake Compliance Controller to join their company on a permanent basis.
The role is to ensure all raw material, ingredients and packaging comply with relevant customer codes of practise, food safety, quality and legal requirements whilst maintaining and developing the risk assessed suppler approval system.
This role is a mixture of working within the office and also the factory/shopfloor setting.
Purpose of the role:
- All raw materials, ingredients and packaging are risk assessed and required documentation and scheduled monitoring is in place – completion KPI and internal/external audit non-conformance level.
- Review dates of risk assessment and documentation within one year
- Schedule compliance – completion of KPI’s
- Develop and maintain a schedule for supplier validation and verification of visits/audits based on risk assessment and supplier KPI’s
- Develop key performance indicators (KPI’s) for each supplier and monitoring ongoing the performance of ensuring a documented supplier review is conducted.
- Provide technical support to New Product Development and purchasing departments and ensure that all the standards and customers codes of practise are met when purchasing ingredients and packaging
- Ensure that that the audits/visits are completed within schedule and the corrective/preventative actions have been completed and closed off within a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
- Management of the intake Compliance Technician
- Ensure traceability of the supplied goods in a maintained, support traceability audits ensuring raw material traceability is accurately provided
- Be a key member of the HACCP team
- Request and review further information from suppliers for approval i.e. self-audit questionnaire, external certifications, HACCP, Micro, Allergen Results, ETC.
- Ensuring the full supply chain has been assessed and all accreditation for any manufacturers/agents have been collated.
- To be a member of the internal auditor team, carrying out internal audits against QMS, customer codes of practise in line with scheduled requirement
- To be part of the site WMS on Hold Management team, reviewing weekly the on-hold status and end of the month on hold stock taking support.
- Internal audits completed within required deadlines to approved standard
- Supplier NC’s fed back and followed up in a timely manner
- Compliance with external audit requirements for BRC and Customer code of practise with zero non-conformances within area of responsibility.
The successful candidate:
- Proven experience working in the food industry in a technical role with food safety training for a minimum duration of two year’s in a similar role is essential
- Higher education qualification in Science based area
- Confidence to telephone and visit suppliers sites representing the company in a professional manner
- Excellent command of the English language both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work well at all levels, including the shopfloor, technical colleagues as well as management and all other departments.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications, to include outlook, work, excel, PowerPoint
- HACCP Level 3 is desirable, but training can be provided
- Food safety qualification at level 2 or higher is desirable – training can be provided
- External auditor training (training can be provided)
- Internal auditor trained (training can be provided)
- Higher Education qualification, ideally in Food Qualification / Food Safety related area
What’s on offer?
- Permanent opportunity
- £27,000 – £30,000 Per Annum
- Hours of work: Monday – Friday 08:30am – 5:00pm
- Holidays: 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Onsite parking monitored by security
- Life assurance cover
- Access to staff sales