Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator
Oldbury, West Midlands
Our client a manufacturer of products across a broad spectrum of industries has a requirement for a Health, Safety & Environmental Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis at their facility in the Oldbury area. The successful candidate will work closely with the Environmental, Safety and Training Manager in executing the health and safety strategy and ensuring that compliance is met and is in line with company policies and procedures.
The responsibilities of the role are:
- To advise on hazardous materials, environmental issues and waste management
- To support onsite visitors and contactors
- The induction of new employees, visitors and contractors on health and safety systems
- Review safe systems of work and carry out inspections to identify unsafe equipment, working conditions, practices, fire hazards and produce reports and recommendations regarding the correction of any defects
- Carry out safety audits when required
- Conduct and complete various Health and Safety assessments such as DSE, COSHH and Risk Assessments
- Ensure fire safety
- Manage accident and incident reporting and associated documentation
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as required
The successful candidate will
- Proven experience of working in a similar Health and Safety role within a production/manufacturing environment
- Have an IOSH Managing Safely Certificate as a minimum
- NEBOSH General certificate would be advantageous
- Proven ability to train other in safe systems of work
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively at all levels, be approachable and able to work with both employees and management in a supportive and collaborative manner.
- Be self-motivated, tenacious and have the proven ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Be able to demonstrate a professional and organised approach to work remaining calm when working under pressure, be able to effectively prioritise own workload, meet deadlines and have an excellent eye for detail.
What’s on offer?
- Competitive salary
- Company pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- 33 days holiday (Including statutory)