Field Service Engineer
Glasgow & Surrounding Areas
Are you an engineer looking to work in a field service role?
Are you experienced in mechanical and electrical engineering?
Do you want to work for a global company who is a market leader?
About our client:
Our client, who are a global company and a market leader in their field providing solutions and support products to people to enable independence are currently seeking to recruit Field Service Engineers on a permanent basis to support their clients in and around the geographical region of Glasgow.
Purpose of the role: to install, repair and service the client’s own product range as well as third party products on site.
- To repair, remove and install products to include stairlifts and hoist products in a timely manner with the emphasis on being customer focused in the process.
- To identify, analyse and repaid product failures
- To be polite, professional and mindful in terms of communication with the client
- Cover a 24/7 365 day on-call rota, including weekends & bank holidays
- To remain flexible in approach to work and assist other projects as and when required
- To undertake training on products and support product improvement programmes by providing technical/quality knowledge and expertise and to ensure that training has been completed on the products being installed in line with manufacturers specification.
- To ensure that risk assessments and method statements are understood for the work to be undertaken for every job.
The successful candidate:
- As this role is field based a full UK Driving licence is essential
- A good level of English and Maths is required
- NVQ Level 2 in Stairlift Engineering, Maintenance & Installation is desirable
- Electrical and mechanical installation experience is essential
- CSCS Card (Craft Operative) is desirable
- Proven experience with diagnostic techniques and fault-finding skills
- Local geographic knowledge of Glasgow and the surrounding areas is essential
- The successful candidate will have a friendly and approachable communication style with the ability to provide a high level of customer service.
What’s on offer?
- Starting salary: £18,500 per annum
- Overtime is available, which is payable at a higher rate
- Company Van
- Company Mobile & tablet