Export Packing Operations Manager
Full Time – Permanent
£35,000- £50,000 per annum based on experience
Do you have an understanding of the export packing industry?
Are you an effective communicator who is looking for the next step in your career?
Do you have knowledge within the Timber industry?
What’s in it for you?
- £35,000 – £50,000 per year based on experience
- Yearly Bonus
- Commission pay
- Mon-Fri – 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Company pension
- On-Site Parking
With huge growth potential, this will be an excellent opportunity for the right person to truly make their mark. This role will suit someone who is willing to challenge established practices and support continuous improvement.
- Effective and timely liaison with customers, suppliers, management and production personnel.
- Effective process/production planning.
- Determining and managing production flow and schedules.
- Actioning Packing Requirements from Sales Account Managers.
- Creating – Job Instruction Sheets, Case Making Cutting Lists, Fabrication Cutting Lists
- Planning Case Making and Packing methods.
- Determining personnel for working on and off site.
- Providing on-going guidance, advice and support to personnel on production matters.
- Continually promoting quality awareness, ensuring personnel are aware of the need to meet customer requirements.
- Ensuring product quality is monitored and maintained during processing, packaging and despatch.
- Resolving any problems and concerns.
- Effective Risk Assessment – Identifying hazards and providing the necessary information to control the risk of injury to employees, visitors and others who may be affected by our working practices.
- Effective identification of Root Cause for Rejection/Complaints, taking ownership to ensure recurrence is minimal.
- Effective leadership and associated people management activities, including Performance Management, Disciplinary, Recruitment & Selection and Absence Management of the Packing Department.
- Working towards & with our Compliance Manager for Packing ISO quality standard approval by 2025.
- Meeting Customers & Clients onsite to discuss packing requirements.
- Will have experience and understand of Export packing industry.
- Understanding of ISO Quality standards
- People management skills
- Effective communicator and resolver of problems
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage goals and targets.