Oldbury, West Midlands
Our client a manufacturer of products within the construction industry has a requirement for an Engineering Technician to join them on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will be working with the design team on galvanised steel building projects which are assembled on site as infill walling or load bearing structures.
- Support the structural engineering team by producing Revit and CAD drawings
- Develop and 3D model the engineering designs in Autodesk Revit and produce the required drawings and details
- Assist the structural engineering team with specification and calculations
- Provide technical support and advice to the team of Regional Sales Managers including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues – training will be provided.
- Represent the company at design team meetings and site visits when necessary at locations across the UK
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience working within the construction industry
- Have working knowledge of Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of a variety of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel with experience in light gauge or cladding facades being an advantage
- Have commercial awareness and the skills to develop excellent working relationships with customers
- Be well organised, self-motivated, professional and able to work under pressure
- Be responsible for achieving objectives on own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
- Attention to detail accuracy and mathematical analysis
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary
- Hours of work: Monday to Thursday: 08:30am to 4:00pm with 30 min lunch break and Friday 08:30am to 1:30pm with no lunch break 37 hours in total
- Company Pension Scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life Assurance
- 33 days holiday including statutory days