Are you a Design Engineer with a Structural or Civil Engineering Degree?
Do you have a good level of knowledge and experience of using AutoCad and TEKLA?
Would you like to work for global organisation with a large manufacturing facility in the Oldbury area?
About our client
We are currently working with a Global Organisation, who have a large manufacturing base in Oldbury. Our client is a specialist within the structural steel industry and currently they have a requirement for a Design Engineer to join their company on a permanent basis.
Purpose of the role:
- Management of projects through the design and drawing office.
- Design of medium rise building structures.
- Clearly communicate designs and concepts to customers.
- Provide technical support and advice to the sales team including general structural, fire, acoustic and thermal issues.
- Represent the Company at design team meetings and site visits when necessary at various locations across the UK.
The Successful Candidate:
- Achieved a Structural, Mechnical or Civil Engineering Degree
- Structural design of building structures in all materials, but ideally with a focus on steel
- Be familiar with AutoCad
- Experience with TEKLA
- Ideally working towards chartered status
- Some experience of working with BS EN1993-1-1, 3, 5 & 8 and BS EN 1991-1-1, 3 & 4 would be advantageous.
- Proven ability to form good working relationships with clients.
- Be well organised, self-motivated, professional and able to work well under pressure
- Be responsible for achieving objectives using their own initiative, as well as part of a team
- Be computer literate and able to communicate design principles at all levels
- Attention to detail, accuracy and mathematical analysis
What’s on offer?
- Permanent opportunity
- Competitive Salary
- Company Pension scheme
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- 33 days holiday (including statutory holidays)