£32,500 PA – Negotiable depending on level of experience
Our client, a mechanical engineering company is looking to recruit a CAD Engineer on a permanent basis mainly working within SolidWorks to create both fabrication and installation drawings for pipework and supporting steelwork within the water industry. The CAD Engineer will be required to modify existing pipe routes within the SolidWorks routing feature.
For the right candidate, there will be opportunity to progress within the company to a more senior design role. The CAD Engineer will be working as part of a team and be involved in various projects within the water industry from initial design to site completion.
The key responsibilities for the CAD Engineer are as follows:
- To produce fabrication drawings, complete with BOMs, once models are approved for construction.
- To produce detailed installation drawings that will act as guidance for site teams.
- To maintain drawing registers and other internal documentation, ensuring that files are saved and issued correctly.
- Under guidance from design and project engineers, model pipe routes and supporting steelwork.
- To ensure that all drawings compliant with all relevant Client Specifications and British Standards.
- To maintain and develop the company’s internal design library.
The successful CAD Engineer will:
- BSc or BEng in an engineering or design-based subject (applicants with HNC or equivalent may also be considered).
- Good working Knowledge of Solidworks Routing desirable but not essential, experience with other similar CAD packages considered – Inventor, Solidedge, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of Autocad would be advantageous.
- Experience within the water industry would be beneficial, but a candidate lacking industry experience with the right attitude may be considered for this role.
- Full driving licence is essential.
What’s on offer?
- Salary: £32,500.00 Negotiable depending upon experience
- Core hours of work: Monday – Friday 08:00am to 4:30pm
- Holidays: 28 days plus bank holidays
- Healthcare package