Business Support Administration Band 3
Temporary (until the 31st March)
£9.09- £10.28 p/h
We are currently seeking an experienced administrator to provide a cost effective efficient single point of access for the Integrated Discharge Hub (IDH) for the NHS. This role will consist of co-ordinating services for patients who require support on discharge from an inpatient stay. To work collaboratively with other business support colleagues to ensure all clinical updates are recorded and other administrative tasks are completed to support the work of the IDH and the flow of patients through hospital sites.
To provide first point of contact for professionals with regards to referrals and discharge queries for the services provided across the organisation and system partners.
To use initiative, knowledge and understanding to deal with queries and referrals received within the IDH and prioritise according to the guidelines to determine urgency thus ensuring that urgent referrals are promptly relayed to the appropriate service within the agreed timeframes for prompt clinical triage and action.
- To provide first line contact with a variety of disciplines and care professionals, ensuring accurate information is obtained in order to complete a referral or progress the discharge of a person through our organisation.
- To process all new referrals using referral guidelines on the Trusts electronic patient record.
- To provide first line contact with regards to complaints resolving minor complaints where possible but in the event of no resolution passing the complaint onto line manager.
- To maintain and update staff rota’s to ensure the continuity of service, recording annual leave, changes, absences and cover, communicating these changes to the Clinical Lead.
- To process all new referrals updating patient information
- To identify communication, geographical and transportation barriers to patients.
- To participate in staff meetings
- To cover the duties of other IDH staff during sickness absence and annual leave.
- To carry out administrative duties such as filing, photocopying and preparation of appropriate documentation
- To type patient letters as delegated by the Clinical Lead, ensuring clinical staff check patient letters before being sent out.
- Housekeeping of patient information and clinical details on the patient administration system.
- To treat all patient related information acquired in the strictest confidence.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar environment and also have standard -advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Hours: Monday- Friday: 9am-5pm (37.5 hours)