Permanent – Full Time or Flex 4 days per week
£20,000k (pro rata for PT)
Our client is a well-established, commercially astute accountancy firm providing a full array of accountancy services to clients across a variety of business sectors throughout the UK. Their client base includes; architects, medical professional services, doctors, dentists, retail, manufacturing, and wholesale clients and they also provide services to a wide range of private clients, sole traders and partnerships.
Their existing team is; 2 directors and 8 employees and they boast a fantastic reputation built in over 34 years of hard work; they are now seeking to recruit an experienced book keeper to join the team.
You will be working closely with the Head of the VAT department and be responsible for multiple company accounts. Our client is looking for a candidate who is a real team player, with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Competent using Sage Accounts, Xero and Excel spreadsheets
- Experience dealing with Construction Industry Scheme monthly returns
- Experience with Sage payroll would be advantageous
- Ideally AAT qualified but will consdier time served candidates
- Accountancy Practice Experience essential
Book Keeping Skills Required
- Inputting of Sales Invoices
- Inputting of Purchase Invoices
- Bank reconciliation
- Completion of quarterly VAT Returns
- Submitting VAT Returns to H M Revenue & Customs electronically
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right individual to join a successful, reputable firm and would suit a candidate who really enjoys day to day Bookkeeping tasks and is confident to carry out those tasks independently where necessary.
Hours of work
This is ideally a FT role but applicants seeking 4 days per week will be considered, currently the role will be a hybrid of remote and office based working. Everything you require to carry out the role will be provided.
If you have a background within a practice environment and feel you have the right skills for this role please attach a copy of your CV.