Area Sales Manager
North East (UK) Covering Newcastle, Sunderland ,Hull areas
Salary dependant on experience + car and laptop
My client is currently looking to recruit an area sales manager to cover the North East of the UK. Focussing on selling to the Trade, building and developing relationships with new and existing clients.
- Develop new and innovative ways of selling the company’s products.
- Maintain loyalty from existing customers through regular visits, and the introduction of forthcoming product development.
- Call on potential customers to introduce the company, leave sample products and information with the aim to establish new accounts.
- Maintain regular contact with the Group Sales Director so as to strengthen lines of communication.
- Liaise with the Sales Office regarding customer queries on documentation, stocks, delivery and service.
- Be aware of the company’s terms of trading, and ensure that all customers are also aware, and that they keep to these same terms.
- Review own sales performance and developing yourself to achieve aims and objectives of the company and participate in annual Performance Appraisals and reach agreed KPIs.
- Anticipate potential opportunities by researching the relevant markets, competitors, locating potential events and marketing opportunities
- Ensure that all customer records are up-to-date and contain full information on names and positions of all contacts
- Ensure a cycle-of-calling plan is in existence for the area, and is being worked in a systematic manner, with regular reviews
- Report clearly and speedily on day-to-day activities, changing business trends, customer complaints, satisfaction, and competitors activities, in accordance with directions issued from time to time by the Sales Manager, and on the appropriate forms supplied for the purposes.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of the post.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Ability to present and sell Work wear/PPE/Tools and janitorial goods
- Basic understanding of the of PPE and work wear
- Ability to develop an in-depth knowledge of our products and markets
- Creative thinker – enjoy bringing new ideas to the table.
- Excellent communication and “people” skills
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Good organisational, self-motivation, prioritising and time management skills
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Good Influencing (and negotiating) skills
The company is happy to consider funding any relevant training courses, which will allow you to develop both professionally and personally. As the business continues to develop, the potential of further opportunities with the company will increase.
If you are interested in applying please attach a copy of your CV and covering letter.
Interviews to be held immediately and New Year start available
**MET Recruitment is advertising this role on behalf of the client – Main Man Supplies. If your application is successful, you will be contacted by a representative of Main Man Supplies**