Administration Support Assistant Band 3
6 Months Fix Term
£9.09 – £10.28
The purpose of this role is to provide a full range of administrative and clerical duties to the NHS contributing to the effective service delivery to the all team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as first point of contact for the Primary Care and Place Commissioning Team, resolving routine and non-routine enquiries in a pleasant and helpful manner, signposting the referrer to others in the team as appropriate and demonstrating tact as necessary, when handling potentially sensitive information from members of the public/ other key contacts on behalf of the department.
- Using a range of IT tools process documents, letters, presentations, spreadsheets, emails, minutes, trackers and reports when required.
- Supporting the organisation of meetings or events for the department (including meetings with patients as necessary and undertaking any administrative work as required. This may include management of individual and team diaries.
- Responsible for sorting of all incoming physical or electronic post and ensure distribution to the relevant departments, and to ensure that all outgoing documents are registered/recorded appropriately.
- Support project delivery as required, including working with internal and external parties to ensure projects are delivered to plan, which may also involve last minute adjustments to the Project Plan, i.e. meetings/events
- Follow departmental policies, and is also expected to propose changes in systems and processes for their own department
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on a wide range of departmental matters; circulating and requesting information; responding to and dealing with initial queries, escalating to the appropriate person. This may involve relaying unwelcome news to a caller about the availability of members of staff/ the availability of a service on occasion.
- Manage and maintain effective bring-forward or electronic project systems for correspondence and actions, ensuring deadlines are tracked as appropriate.
- Update departmental records, project trackers, diaries as necessary, keeping systems up to date.