Permanent – Full Time
Competitive salary depending on experience
Our client is a well-established, commercially astute accountancy firm providing a full array of accountancy services to clients across a variety of business sectors throughout the UK. Their client base includes architects, medical professional services, doctors, dentists, retail, manufacturing, and wholesale clients and they also provide services to a wide range of private clients, sole traders, and partnerships. This is an exciting opportunity with the possibility of progressing further in the company.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs
- Manage your own portfolio of clients and individuals – following through VAT, tax returns and accounts.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned
- Coordination of training programs for new staff and identifying training needs for current staff
- Conduct accounts and taxation interviews with clients across a range of sectors (experience essential).
- Stay updated with HMRC updates and CPD
What we’re looking for:
- A confident candidate, happy to have conversations with clients
- ACCA or ACA is beneficial but a wealth of experience in a practice environment is equally as advantageous
- 5 years in a practice environment is beneficial
- Experienced in managing and training staff
- Good knowledge of accountancy systems
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Highly motivated, proactive individual
- Experienced in “Making Tax Digital”
- Highly proficient in QuickBooks, XERO & Sage software
What’s in it for you?
- 22 days plus Bank Holidays – birthday day off should it fall on a weekday after one year’s service.
- Free on-site Parking
- Workplace Pension
- Tranquil, semi-rural setting
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme